Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ran prieur posted a kick ass article about productivity. 

https://medium.com/message/against-productivity-b19f56b67da6

I love that Japanese culture has satirical terms for overproductivity.

Everything, values, opinions are relative and based on perspective. But I can easily change perspectives so my identity isn't my perspective or vantage point. It's like dressing for the weather. If it's a light rain I'll put on a poncho or something, but if it's warm and sunny I'm in a shorts and tshirts. So the perspective I assume is very conditional on my environment and the forms that manifest themselves.

That means what you do has value based on how you perceive it, what you have given meaning in the past, what your culture or species values, and a million other multifaceted variables. That's why productivity can be stupid or really important at the same time. The strife comes when alternative perspectives are disallowed. It's easier to just allow different masks of perception to be handed to you and not be so sad when it's time to pass them on.

This is why expression is really cool; through art, clothing, music, personality, humor. What another values as art might seems twisted, demonic, or insane, but it's fun to toy around with the alternative perceptual bifocals of other people and try them on and expand to include contradictions. 

Like lately I really like azaelia banks. A few years ago I would have passed it on as trash, but now I'm really intrigued by how abrasive and spontaneous she is. It may not be the way I want to see the world but I can still stand back in fascination and awe and mimic her openness. http://youtu.be/i3Jv9fNPjgk

Or lately I've been mentally experimenting with dying my hair blue, and casually wearing stuff like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment